BOTTLETOP has opened a pop-up concept store in Dallas. Inspired by contemporary art galleries, the minimalist interior design reflects the brand’s values of sustainable luxury, ethical design, technical innovation and cross-cultural collaboration.
Created in collaboration with spatial designer Ana Lumack, the interiors are a showcase of responsible retail and feature a host of upcycled materials throughout including:
- “R:PET 2.0” A large immersive 3D printed sculpture made from upcycled PET plastic - using the equivalent of 4000 upcycled plastic bottles.
- A bespoke feature tapestry made from upcycled aluminium ring pulls by BOTTLETOP’s atelier in Brazil
- A display table made from upcycled aluminium cans and upcycled polyethylene
- The Snowbank sofa designed by Danish artist Lucas Melkane - inspired by Gerrit Rietveld’s Fraenkel Garden Bench - made from upcycled sailing cloth with upcycled cellulose filler
- Upcycled cast acrylic plinths - designed to be easily dis/assembled and re-used
- ‘Shadows’ under plinths made from upcycled rubber
Transparency features throughout the minimalist design, to reflect BOTTLETOP’s mission to be transparent in its supply chain. All elements were designed as flat pack items or sourced locally where possible to minimise environmental impact during shipping and build.
BOTTLETOP is now open at NorthPark Centre in Dallas until 31 December 2018.