Data we collect
In operating our stores, websites, and during events we may collect the following types of data about you:
- Data that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you become a registered user, make a purchase or make a donation.
- Data provided to us when you communicate with us in person, such as contact details you provide in store when you request to stay in touch via newsletters.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Use of your data
The data that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To notify you of any new projects, initiatives or fund raising activities that we introduce.
- We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods you consented to at the time your data was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical data about our visitors.
Storing your data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area for processing and storing. Also, it may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff maybe engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. The transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing your data
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal data to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any). We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following instances:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- For the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third party links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check; they may not be in line with our policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and request your consent. After consenting to the receipt of marketing information you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing via links in our communications.
You have the right to access the data that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
For full details on our Competition Terms and Conditions please find out more here.